recommended: things i didn't know i needed

school's around the corner, and i'm here to make that transition just a little bit easier!
all these products, while well-integrated into my daily life rituals, are items that i've only picked up in the last year or so. they've changed my life, so now i'm here hopefully change yours!
have recommendations of your own? let me know below!

things i didn't know i needed



here's a shout-out to all my naturally oily-haired ladies! while resisting the temptation to wash our hair daily is harder than hard, lush drastically changed the way i did it. am i still washing my hair daily? yes, there's not escaping it, but i am using less product and couldn't be happier.
since i began using "i love juicy" last year, i've seen dramatic change in how quickly my hair turns oily at the end of a busy day. "veganese"'s formula is also so incredibly light, that applying it to the lower half of my hair (away from the roots) has maintained a great softness that doesn't weigh down my hair.



growing up my mom put vaseline on my lips. then i switched to chapstick. then nivea. then burt's bees. then eos. no drugstore brand was working for me, and i didn't (and still don't) have the money for higher end products like bioderma or fresh sugar. then along came maybelline...
"baby lips" is affordable, spf-infused, and hydrating! my number of reapplications definitely depends on the day (am i in a cold, dry room? or am i biting my lip more often today?), but i cannot deny the fact that these guys make my lips look and feel great! i also love the fact that this specific tube is unflavored and unscented.



it's okay to cheat on your morning or nightly face washing routine... sometimes. and when i do, i use facial wipes! eek! though there are so many brands to choose from, i chose to go with burt's bees because it advertised itself as a product for sensitive-skin users. (if i'm wiping down my face versus a good ol' wash, i definitely don't want any super-harsh ingredients getting in contact with my skin while i'm on the go.)
they make my skin tingle a little after application, which i can't decide is a good thing or a bad thing, but these guys are particularly great because they don't leave behind any sticky residue. the plastic closure on this packet also ensures your towelettes aren't drying out while you're running around!



in the past, i'd have to use two or three hairbands to secure my hair bun(s) and then stuff another bobby pin in them to hold them still. i'm now able to use only one spin pin per bun (for some street fighter chung li looks), or intersect two in my single larger hair bun. i almost never get headaches from my hair anymore, and i can go hairband free!
these guys might look confusing to use, but i promise they're not– they're just like screws that you twist into your hair! if this isn't a life hack for long haired girls, i don't know what is!



i had a phase in freshman year where my eyebrows were so overdrawn, my friends compared me to rock lee from naruto. yeah.
safe to say, i've gone through many changes and now at my senior year, have adapted myself to using anastasia's brow pen. this is my holy grail of eyebrow fillers. the liquid isn't too heavily pigmented, so i can really control how much is being layered onto my brows, and the finish is always natural. the liquid isn't smudge proof, but definitely has an impressive hold on the skin that lasts almost the entire day!


sally hansen "now brow" eyebrow-trimming scissors & hair scissors

i've been plucking my own eyebrows since i was 16. have i over-plucked? have i forgotten to pluck? oh yeah, you bet, but through all the trial and error i'd like to believe i've now found my happy medium. this happy medium includes trimming! using sally hansen's angled eyebrow scissors, i've been able to be extremely precise when i trim as well as avoid accidentally cutting myself! i want to say "you've got to try it to believe it!" but i think these guys have been discontinued! if anyone knows of their whereabouts, please let me know... signed, one desperate eyebrow enthusiast.

also, hair scissors! i'd never known the importance of actually using a pair designed for cutting hair until last year. up until then i routinely cut my own bangs with any pair of scissors that i could find laying around the house. this left a lot up to chance, and one too many months growing out some way-too-short bangs. the blades on hair scissors are made to cut hair! it's that simple! which might also be the reason i never thought to buy any. what one pair can do, so can another, right? very, very wrong. if you've got bangs, i'd highly recommend getting a pair! one purchase will save many months of misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment